Wednesday, August 15, 2007

waiting

i've discovered something that makes the two week wait seem like a cakewalk... waiting to hear back about my mom's test results. i've been on edge since 11am this morning, and i can feel my heart beating out of my chest. i don't know how i'm supposed to work. my mom is having blood tests and pet scans done to see whether her chemo is still effectively eating away at her tumors. the results will either allow us a brief sigh of relief or will make us worry all the more. it doesn't help that this is happening during the two week wait -- it feels like it must be the slowest 4.5 hours of my life... ok, maybe second to the time spent waiting while my mom was in surgery, but that was 7.5 hours. i really hope they call soon. i don't know how much more of this my heart can take.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Hey Girlie! I am stalking your chart almost everyday. So, you are not alone in this! I have been praying so hard for you to get that BFP! I love the chart this month, btw. It's looking good so far! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Kellie

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! I am so sorry that things are piling up on you. I hope by now you have heard news on your mom and that things are getting some better. I'm always here for you sweetie!

Tara

Maggie's Mama said...

Hi Amy!! We miss you on the board! I haven't had a chance to read all of your blog but Kellie has kept us up on how things are going for your. Sorry for the hard news but I have all the faith in the world that it WILL happen for you! Take care and know you've got lots of cyber friends out there thinking of you... and still stalking your chart too! ;) My best to your family and to your mom- I hope things are looking up!

Shannon (golfchick)

moosk said...

thanks for the moral support, ladies! i miss you guys, too! i promise i'll be back on the board as soon i get my bfp... though it might be a while... :)