cramps this month seem worse than ever... i don't know if it's psychological (a third close family friend announced her pregnancy this weekend) or physical... af came with a vengeance this morning with nary a warning spot. month 15 of trying by my count... i think we've played the odds, and they are no longer in our favor. bad luck and poor timing can't account for an 0 and 15 record. something else is at work here, and i'm ready to figure out what it is. i think i'm going to have a little chat with mil to see if we can move up our schedule without negatively affecting his schoolwork. the summer just seems an eternity away. how did you go about finding your r.e.? any suggestions on where to start? i have an appointment with my primary care doctor in march. i think i may just ask her for a referral since i'll need one to utilize my puny insurance coverage anyway.

4 comments:
I chose mine based on a few things - location, success rates for IVF (which I reasoned that even if I didn't do IVF at least gave a clue that they knew what they were doing), and size of the clinic. I wanted a group that had local resources and coudl treat me on-site. I didn't want to run all over town.
In the end I have enjoyed the location the most. Since there are frequent appointments it has been really helpful to have the clinic just ten minutes away.
Mine was referred by my OBGYN. That meant a lot to me, as did the location. They are very convenient, and just downstairs from my OB.
Good luck - and so sorry about the cramps. :(
I asked friends that went to REs. I also asked my OB. But before you settle on a clinic, a piece of advice. Check with your insurance company for TWO things: first, make sure that the doctors are covered and secondly, make sure the LAB is covered. The lab fees can really add up.
Unfortunately for me, there's only one fertility clinic in my area and they don't take my insurance.
Good luck to you! I hope AF has calmed down and quit torturing you.
Post a Comment